Saturday, March 31, 2012

MARCH 31 MEET CANCELED

If you didn't get the news yet, typhoon-like conditions shut down the meet at YVH this morning in very short order, though that didn't stop some of our coaches from getting the real die-hard kids to run a lap or two ("Hey, it's not like you're going to get any wetter.")

Today didn't work out quite as I'd hoped. I did expect the weather to turn, just not 15 minutes before we were supposed to start. CYO rules do allow for make-up meets, and I've emailed out league coordinator to see if there's a facility that we can use on Sunday. He's probably being rained out of his meet as I type this...

Also by CYO rules, a Sunday meet may not start before 12pm, and this will surely conflict with plans that many people have made, but if we are able to find a location and reschedule, we'll be happy for anyone who can attend.

No, this is not an elaborate April Fool's joke. I'll keep you posted as I find out more.

No comments: