Our first official CYO meet of 2017 is in the bag! Thanks to all the families who helped out at the meet and especially our Meet Director, Amanda Donohue. Here's what happens next:
- Results from the meet are keyed in by the league and sent to team coordinators
- I clean them up and post to our team page on Athletic.net
- The league also provides blank ribbons and filled-in result/place stickers
- Our Awards volunteer, Kirsten Kirkpatrick, assembles and sorts the ribbons
- Ribbons are then distributed at practice a week or so after the meet
The top three finishers in each race heat and field event should receive a ribbon at a future practice. Placement at practice meets is determined by grade and gender: if we combine heats at the meet, the results are sorted out afterward.
Our team tracks personal bests, and hands out special gold ribbons. Returning athletes who broke their own records from previous seasons will get a ribbon at practice. To make the result compilation more automated, the first time an athlete does an event counts as a personal best and gets a ribbon!
Finally, we have a special "7-up Club" for athletes who compete in seven or more different individual events during one season. Relays don't count towards this total and the Warpath Meet does not count. There's a fancy embroidered patch that we'll give out at the end of the season.
Meet #2: Saturday March 26th, Granada High School in Livermore
- Athletes/Coaches arrive: 8:00 am
- First event: 8:30 am
Someone left a St Catherine shirt and track shoes at practice today. If they are yours, let me know.
I will bring our "lending library" of hand-me-down track shoes (spikes) to practice on Thursday and the meet Saturday. Anyone is welcome to grab a pair for the season if you find some that fit. (Spikes are a nice psychological boost primarily for the older kids, say 7th and 8th graders.) And if you want to donate any that your athlete grew out of, feel free.