Monday, April 6, 2009

CTK Track news for the week of 6 Apr 09

Greetings Track Families,

Thanks once again to all of our fabulous volunteers for the efficiently run meet yesterday.  It was good running weather
and there were lots of good performances that will translate into lots of ribbons for our athletes.

Schedule at a Glance
This week we'll practice just once and take a short Easter break:
  • Practice, Tuesday, Apr. 7, 5-6:30pm
  • No Practice, Thursday, Apr. 9
  • No Meet, Saturday, Apr. 11.
  • No Newsletter next Sunday (Can you beat that as an Easter present!?)
  • No Practice, Tuesday, Apr. 14
  • Practice, Thursday, Apr. 16, 5-6:30pm
  • Meet #4, Saturday, Apr. 18, 8:30am at DVC
Lost and Found
I have an enormous lost and found collection this season.  Please check out the Lost & Found
page on the web site: http://www.ctktrack.org/lost.shtml and let me know if you want anything
brought to practice.  Or I could leave your treasures out on the bench on my front porch if
you prefer 

All items in the Lost & Found collection go up for grabs at the end of the team picnic.

Results
The results from yesterday's meet have been updated once and posted on the web site on
the Schedule page.  I will upload the revised results to athletic.net shortly  Please let me 
know if you find problems and I'll do my best to correct them.  

A long time ago when my oldest son (now in 11th grade) was a second grader, he ran a
mile so slowly that the timers recorded his three lap time.  It took him a few years to
"beat" that time.  Don't let this sort of tragedy befall your young runner -- report mistakes
you find in the results!


Happy Easter to all,

carl

-- 
Carl Godkin
CTK/St.C/St.S Track & Field Coordinator
280-9748
Visit http://www.ctktrack.org/

No comments: