If you signed up last night, I've scanned the volunteer sheets and placed them online:
If you forgot what dates you are working, please take a look at the sheets and note them. I didn't scan any sheets that were blank.
If you need to drop off some missing paperwork or still need to sign up, we're back at Christ the King School, room 222 from 6:30-8pm on Thursday, January 24th.
A couple of common questions came up last night:
- Q: How many meets do we need to work?
- A: It's the same as last year: we're asking for one shift at the mini-meet, and five more across the rest of the regular season. So, six total per family, with one of them on March 9. You may double-up to get two done in one day, if you like. Recruit your spouse!
- Q: Wait, did you say March 9? That's baseball/softball opening day!
- A: Yes, it is. It's not the end of the world if you miss the Mini Meet, but we'd prefer you at the meet, as it's really training for the adults. If you have an athlete playing softball or baseball and running track, you're going to be juggling a lot of conflicts.
- Q: Any other surprises?
- A: The Relay Meet is April 6, which is the end of spring break for many schools. It's not unusual for people to miss this meet, but please don't sign up if you can't make it.
- Q: Where are the meets this year?
- A: We don't know yet. Our team is usually the host team, which means that the meets are usually nearby -- we saw a lot of DVC and Ygnacio Valley High last year. No promises, though. It's based on all the other teams' sizes, and we won't have those figures until everyone in the diocese has their team registrations. I'll update the schedule page as soon as we know locations.
- Q: Can we rent-a-student to work our shifts again this year?
- A: I hope so. That program is run by the track coach at Ygnacio Valley High, and it's a great fundraiser for them. Our team alone raised $1150 last year which went directly to the YVH track boosters. This money goes to help those athletes pay their team fees and other costs. As many of our CYO kids go on to run in high school, this is a great way to continue supporting youth athletics.