- Tuesday practice at Pleasant Hill Middle School, 5-6:30pm
- Thursday practice at College Park, 5-6:30pm
- Relay meet at Ygnacio Valley High on Saturday
- Athletes and Coaches should arrive: 9:00am
The relay meet is special. We have four events only this week, and they're all relays, with no individual races and no field events.
Event order is:
- 4x100m - the same relay we know and love from practice meets
- Medley - double our normal sprint medley, the distances are 200m, 200m, 400m, and 800m
- 4x200m - another doubling, every athlete runs 1/2 lap
- 4x400m - our usual and the final event of the day
We will still run girls in an event first, and then boys, with an eye toward filling all lanes in the track for each race.
There are no limits to the number of races an athlete may be in this week. Opportunists might even be able to run in the same event twice.
At this meet, there is usually a special "Free Agent" loitering area set up for athletes in search of a relay team. Coaches are urged to look there to round out relay teams.
This means we'll see multi-age and -parish teams this Saturday. It's all good, and it's all for fun. The only two rules for relay teams are:
- Girls' teams must be all girls: co-ed teams count as a boys' team
- Teams run as the grade of their oldest athlete
Awards and Results
I have ribbons from meet 2 ready to hand out at practice this week. Personal best results from the first two meets have been assembled and will be converted to ribbons soon. This year, to make the result compilation more automated, I've made the executive decision that, contrary to past practice, the first time an athlete does an event, that constitutes a personal best and gets a ribbon!
See you on the track!